Saturday, July 4, 2009

Peach Pie Frenzy





















MUST HAVE PIE!






By, then, I was hopeless but for the fact my summer fridge is always full of fruit. I set my sights on peach, but only had three left--but I had lots of nectarines. I left the skins on, as they were organic. Forget agave nectar--forget sugar free--this pie is for the House, and it's gonna get sugar sprankles inside the crust (which had no sugar) after I rolled it out. Also, added more cinnamon. Then down went the fruit concoction (my secret ingredient is vinegar) with sugar, of course. Since I only had one dough ball (it is for the House, after all, and enough must be enough), I pulled the rolled dough towards the center, wrapping it until the fruit was encased. Brush with cream and water, sprankle liberally with cinnamon and sugar, bake at 400 degrees and wait...then...well, what summer-sweet, fresh-fruit bliss. Ahhhh....

No comments: