Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Santa Fe Clam Chowder and Strawberry Cake for dessert




It's the unrelenting heat; already temperatures are in triple digits. Somebody wants strawberry shortcake, but I talk her into trying my new strawberries and cream cake. Someone else wants a strawberry sugar-free pie. That shall be a challenge. The gauntlet is thrown. Where's my rolling pin...Meanwhile, here's a cake I made for my friend's daughter and a Santa Fe Clam Chowder made from no less than four types of chilies, from smoked sweet paprika to chilies from Chimayo and Gila Flats and fresh poblanos. I'm sure there's a pinch of habanero, 'cause I like it hot.

1 comment:

Elemaza said...

Yum! I love your bluebonnet decorations on the cake. And I hope to taste your Santa Fe Clam Chowder when we get to new Mexico this year. We'll shop for the most exotic chilies we can find.